Today’s quick tip topic focuses on the maintenance and storage of your shower cap from Shower Caps by Je’Mere. If you have recently purchased one or are interested in purchasing one, these following tips are pertinent to extending the life of your shower cap and getting the most out of your shower cap!!! Your shower caps are an investment and need a little TLC as well.
Follow these steps to maintain your reversible (RV) & non reversible (NRV) shower caps:
· RV & NRV. After every use, shake it and let it hang to completely dry. It’s important to hang it up your shower cap so that it maintains its shape and dry properly.
· RV. Wipe both inside and outside the shower cap once weekly using warm water and a mild soap mixture. If you use lots of oils or various other products in your hair, it can leave residue on the inside of your cap. A mild soap and warm water mix can be used as well to remove odors that may accumulate.
|Non Reversible (NRV)|
· NRV. Every two-three weeks machine wash your shower cap on gentle cycle using mild detergent. Hang to dry. However, if you ordered a NRV shower cap with beads or sequin trim we suggest you hand wash to prevent damaging the trim.
For storage purposes, you have several options. Here are a few we find helpful:
· When traveling, ensure that your shower cap is thoroughly dry, if not wipe it with a soft cotton cloth (ex. bath towel). Then fold and place in the matching drawstring bag that it came with.
· After a shower, don’t forget to hang your shower cap. Preferably away from the water. If you are in a household with multiple members (ex. Roommate, kids, husband, wife, boyfriend, etc). The last thing you want is to put on a shower cap that has been soaked by the previous shower occupant.
· Another option is to place your shower cap over a Styrofoam head (as pictured above) when not in use, to help your cap maintain its shape.
Your Shower Cap by Je'Mere is an investment. Have fun with your shower cap and be sure to use our tips listed above.
If you have found alternative ideas, let us know. We are happy to share and learn new ideas.